We celebrated Sunshine’s year anniversary of coming home this weekend…so I really ought to backtrack and work in her 11 month post before I forget!
Eleven months. Eleven things our girl has taught us in almost a year.
1. There is always a party waiting to happen if you look closely enough.
2. Sometimes laughing hysterically will cure your biggest problems.
3. Sleeping is done best with the blankets completely over your head.
4. African American girl hair is a big deal.
5. Even if school is hard…it’s a fun place to be if you have friends.
6. The ability to dance and “shake your thing” is something with which you are born.
7. It is hard work to learn the intricacies of another language (and it’s best to laugh hard when you get mixed up).
8. You have to wake up each day and chose to love.
9. Just because you look different or have a different story doesn’t me we aren’t just the same.
10. There should be dessert at every meal.
11. We are blessed beyond measure for this crazy, good, loud, and full family.
Happy ELEVEN months to our Sunshine!