Life in a Flash » capturing life one moment at a time.

Masthead header

The wait is over {airport party}

We waited 15 months for the day we could CELEBRATE bringing Daniel home!  I have never felt so loved as I did the night we flew into the Kansas City airport.  As we tumbled off the plane I could see the crowd gathered through the glass walls…and I immediately felt all the love and support from our family and friends….grandparents, sisters,  childhood friends, neighbors, adoption families, church friends, small group members…they all banded together to provide an AMAZING circle of love that night!  We were beyond exhausted {still sick} and SO ready to be home and see all those smiling faces!  I was fortunate to have a friend come and photograph the night as well as my Dad (who is also quite handy with a camera).  Words really can’t describe the pure JOY we felt but I think you will see it in the pictures.  There are a lot.  Brace yourself 😉  And this is only a portion of the ones I have!!   Click HERE to see the awesome slide show Nance made for us from her images.  But have the kleenex handy cause she really knocked it out of the ballpark!

daniel31

IMG_1895 edit

IMG_1896 edit

IMG_1903 edit

IMG_1910 edit

IMG_1917 edit

IMG_1931 edit

I have SO much more I want to share {when I can find the time}.  There are so many firsts happening at our house right now and we are loving every minute of it!

January 17, 2011 - 10:36 pm

laura - LOVE IT Jenn! Al, good to see you there too!!! Many times I wished I lived closer to you gals!!! These are treasured moments…thank goodness for the internet as they can still be shared with us who are far away:)

January 17, 2011 - 10:47 pm

Bridget - Oh my goodness! Could not be happier for you guys! I can only imagine how complete your hearts feel having Daniel HOME w/ you now.. God bless your family! ♥

January 17, 2011 - 10:50 pm

Sara - Love, Love, Love. So fun to have such a happy homecoming. Daniel will love hearing this story as he gets older!

January 17, 2011 - 11:13 pm

Keri - The pictures were amazing….so special! Loved all the t-shirts sported by the family too! 🙂 So glad that Allison go to be there with you too!

January 17, 2011 - 11:14 pm

Keri - I don’t know what that moderation comment is above…just ignore that part…I didn’t write it! 😉 HA!

January 17, 2011 - 11:49 pm

Niina - I´m reading your post with “happy tears” in my eyes…how touching to see all the family and friends to create such a beautiful homecoming for you. And I love those Hope shirts!

January 17, 2011 - 11:53 pm

Jen Hinz - these pictures are so wonderful! i am beyond happy for you all! blessings to you and your precious family as you begin being a family of 6!

January 18, 2011 - 1:06 am

Sarah - Love the pictures!! You look amazing for just having flown halfway around the world with a baby!!! 🙂 Daniel is beyond adorable, and we are SO thankful he is home!!!

January 18, 2011 - 2:11 am

Jessica/littlepumpkingrace - SO, SO, SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!! Welcome home little Daniel! May God bless you and your precious new family of 6!!!

January 18, 2011 - 9:10 am

Regina - Welcome Home Daniel. These images are priceless. Congrats again.

January 18, 2011 - 9:28 am

Amy - Wow, wow, wow! Absolutely gorgeous photos of a gorgeous family! I love the one of S seeing you for the first time – you and he both look so happy! What a wonderful time for your family. God’s blessings to you – can’t wait to meet sweet Daniel in person!

January 18, 2011 - 10:19 am

Natalie - Beautiful photos! So happy for you to have all your children under one roof at last. Love the shirts and how is it you look that fresh after a long flight with a baby?! 😉

January 18, 2011 - 10:34 am

Layla - LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing this post. It gives me hope!
And I love those shirts too! SO CUTE!

January 18, 2011 - 11:30 am

Chelsea - Thank you for sharing! Welcome home! The slideshow is beautiful, perfect song. May Daniel always remember where he came from, but know that he will always be surrounded by love with his forever family!

January 18, 2011 - 12:42 pm

Melissa Carpenter - My heart is beaming with Joy after reading this and watching the amazing video. You are so blessed!! What an incredible journey you have been on and this is really just the beginning 🙂 Kris and I are so happy for you and your family.

January 18, 2011 - 1:01 pm

Liv - Hooray!! So happy for you all!!

And why do you look so ridiculously beautiful after that trip?!? 🙂

January 18, 2011 - 1:01 pm

nic - beautiful, every last bit. i’m rejoicing with you, and praying for these early days home!

January 18, 2011 - 2:25 pm

kelly s. - Jen, You don’t know me but I enjoy your blog. Just wanted to say COngratulations on bringing your beautiful boy home! These pictures are amazing nd you can feel the joy when you view them.
\Much love and blessings from afar!

January 18, 2011 - 2:46 pm

tanya siman - WOW, i’m just speechless, Daniel is beautiful and so is your family. you can feel the love and support and it’s just heart warming! Many xoxo’s for a life of love and health with many continued blessings.

January 18, 2011 - 7:44 pm

Future Mama - I just LOVE this post! All the pictures, all the smiles…pure bliss!!

Much love,
Future Mama

January 18, 2011 - 7:48 pm

Sharon Lauber - I am absolutely speechless.

January 18, 2011 - 8:42 pm

Kathryn - Smiled through this whole post! Praising the Lord for His mighty work in your family!!

January 18, 2011 - 9:40 pm

Leah - God is amazing! So glad that you all made it back safely!

January 18, 2011 - 10:27 pm

Vanessa - I love seeing homecoming photos!! What a joyous time, and I must say I think you are the most well put together Mom that I have ever seen at an homecoming!!! You wear 4 children well 🙂

January 19, 2011 - 9:04 am

Diana - Jenn,

This is one of the most beautiful family reunions that I have ever had the pleasure to witness – thank you. These photos tell so much in all of your faces. I especially love the photo of you holding Daniel & looking at your Mom. (I’ve already teared up twice looking at it.) Congratulations, once again, on bringing home your baby boy. You are ALL very blessed.

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *